Monday, March 29, 2010

Almost there...

It’s surprising that we are so close to being finished blocking this show. We breezed so quickly through the two acts that it almost doesn’t seem like it happened at all. But, on the brighter side, that means that we have a lot of time to play around with the show. I mean, the title is The Wild Party. And most of the show is just that, a party! Parties are spontaneous, unexpected, and mysterious at times. It’s going to be hard to solidify into one definative track what is going to happen at this particular ‘wild party.’ As we start running the show for these next few weeks, I’m really looking forward to the chance to just have fun with everyone else in the cast, see what works, and generally be creative. What a great vehicle!



Not gonna lie, I don’t exactly feel comfortable with where things are with the show. I feel like I don’t really know what’s going on, and a lot of it is still really unsure to me. I’m trying to stay positive knowing that this is the time in the rehearsal process where that is what everyone is kinda thinking, and I just need to have faith in the cast and crew that all will come together. I will just make sure that I rock at what I do know, and depend on everyone else to do the same.


I’m also pleased to be a little bit healthier this week, and so it makes it much easier to focus on what I need to. Pesky vacation cold wouldn’t shake, but I’ll kick to the curb soon.

~AVY

1 comment:

  1. Hey--I get really scared every now and then...and then I am reminded how much time we have to actually run the show in the theatre, and I KNOW it is going to be just fabulous! I won't panic...so don't you!

    And...your dance is gorgeous! What great work--so proud!

    xoxo,
    GoGo

    ReplyDelete