Thursday, March 4, 2010

Andrew? Really?

Alright, so up to this point I have raved about how fun the music in this show is. I have to be honest now though, it’s still fun but it’s getting to be overwhelming. I've reached a threshold where the craziness is starting to get to me. No, it’s not impossible, but really Andrew Lippa? Really? Is that triplet necessary? Do we have to jump an octave and a half? Why does this eighth note have to have a seven part harmony when the rest of the line is in unison?



I think Emily summed it up for me when she made the comment Tuesday night: “Sometimes I just want to punch him in his Lippa.” :)


The good news is that tonight is our last music rehearsal, and then we start blocking. So I know all this work will be worth it once we get into the meat of putting together the production.


“a-rib-rab on the flim-flam”

~Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment