Friday, February 19, 2010

Anticipation

A drafty fellowship hall at St. Mark’s. 16 actors, various crew coming and going. The first rehearsal is underway. I’m one of the new people to New Line. I am scanning the room learning about this group of people who I will be working with in the next few months. Some are outgoing, some are seriously perusing the scripts. Others seem to be analyzing the room as I am. My first impressions are strong. An air of excitement, anticipation, perhaps a tinge of uncertainty. I begin to quickly feel comfortable. We move to the piano. OMG, this score is so much fun! I am enthralled by the jazzy chords, syncopation, absurd intervals, tight harmonies. I am likewise impressed with the cast, relieved by their talents as we begin to unravel this challenging music. The creative side of my brain is sweating (in a good way). It’s only begun, I predict much more challenge and enjoyment as we continue to tear up this score.

Currently: full of anticipation

~Aaron~

No comments:

Post a Comment