Tuesday, February 16, 2010

And the experience begins...

I was ecstatic when I heard that New Line Theatre was looking for an actor to fill the role of Jackie in The Wild Party. Teaching in an inner-city high school is so rewarding, but the ups and downs of daily work can be tough on the spirit. I find the best therapy is a little musical theatre! After spending my first semester of the school year directing a production of Godspell Jr. at my school, I was looking for my performing fix for this current semester. And I don’t think I could ask for a better production to work on!

I expect The Wild Party to be a fantastic challenge to work on over the next few months. I’m excited to explore the music, the dance, and the story. And I am of course dying to meet the ensemble that is going to be experiencing this all with me... Thursday is the day! I look forward to sharing the joys, the struggles, and the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment